This is Galvin’s generic post flight checklist for all aircraft:
- Turn off the aircraft master switch & map lights
- Record BOTH the Hobbs and Tach (In Service) times in the dispatch book and on the dispatch printout
- Remove trash and any other articles you brought with you (we do not need wads of paper towels in A/C)
- Replace stall warning, pitot cover and control lock properly
- Tie the aircraft down securely (if you can’t for any reason, request assistance from flight school staff)
- Lock the aircraft (all doors including baggage compartment(s))
- Notify flight school dispatcher of any excessive tire pressure loss or other abnormal tire condition
- Note any changes (and inform flight school staff) in airframe or equipment during the post-flight walk around/inspection. This includes cosmetic damage that you will need to have checked to verify there is no associated structural/mechanical damage. Pay special attention to areas such as the tail skid, prop and landing gear which are at risk in normal flight operations.
- Write up aircraft discrepancies or squawks if needed and let the dispatcher (or whoever checks you back in) know about them.
Complete these items and initial in the appropriate block on the HOBBS sheet.