This is the generic post flight checklist for all aircraft:
- Turn off the aircraft master switch & map lights
- Record BOTH the Hobbs and Tach (In Service) times in the dispatch book and on the dispatch printout
- Remove trash and any other articles you brought with you (we do not need wads of paper towels in A/C)
- Replace stall warning, pitot cover and control lock properly
- Tie the aircraft down securely (if you can’t for any reason, request assistance from flight school staff)
- Lock the aircraft (all doors including baggage compartment(s))
- Notify flight school dispatcher of any excessive tire pressure loss or other abnormal tire condition
- Note any changes (and inform flight school staff) in airframe or equipment during the post-flight walk around/inspection. This includes cosmetic damage that you will need to have checked to verify there is no associated structural/mechanical damage. Pay special attention to areas such as the tail skid, prop and landing gear which are at risk in normal flight operations.
- Write up aircraft discrepancies or squawks if needed and let the dispatcher (or whoever checks you back in) know about them.
Complete these items before aircraft check-in.